Safety Is Our Priority at Perfect Smiles
The recent COVID-19 pandemic has presented new challenges for all of us in our daily lives. At Perfect Smiles, we have always prioritized our patients' dental health above all, and that has not changed. However, we are equally dedicated to making sure our offices provide a safe and clean environment for our patients.
What We're Doing to Ensure Your Safety
During your procedure, you can feel confident and secure that we've taken all the recommended steps to keep you and your loved ones safe during this time. Here's how we plan to do just that:
1. Dental Care Providers Must Wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Enhanced PPE and safety procedures and protocols will be strictly followed to reflect
the latest recommendations from the CDC, OSHA and ADA in all areas of our practices. This includes:
- Face masks
- Face shields and/or goggles
- Lab coats (dentists and dental assistants in operatory rooms)
- Sneeze guards installed at the front desk
2. Sterilization Procedures Every 30 Minutes
At our office, meticulous sterilization practices will be done every 30 minutes with no exceptions. All surfaces and common areas will be wiped down with a high-grade disinfectant, including:
- Patient chairs
- Pens and any other writing instruments
- Computers and computer accessories
- Other areas where staff and patients are exposed
3. Comprehensive Safety Training of the PSFD Dental Team
The entire Perfect Smiles staff will receive comprehensive reopening protocols that will be strictly enforced at all locations and levels of operation. Our goal is to provide our team with the best practices and resources to keep the environment as safe as possible for our patients, as well as staff.
What To Expect When Visiting a Practice
With Perfect Smiles reopening, you may be wondering how your visit to the dentist might be different. There will be some changes you can expect when visiting a practice, which all contribute to a safer environment for you. Here's what your experience will look like with our new safety protocols in effect.
1. Your Arrival at our office:
- The waiting room area will be closed for the time being.
- Upon arriving to our parking lot, patients will call the office form their car to check-in.
- Chairs are available outside our office and have been adjusted to allow a minimum of 6 feet of separation.
- Only patients may enter the practice. We ask that anybody accompanying you wait outside while you are treated.
- Immediately upon entry, you will be asked to use hand sanitizer before checking in (hand sanitizer pumps are disinfected after every use).
- The front desk staff will quickly take your temperature using a non-contact infrared thermometer. If it shows 100 degrees or higher, you will kindly be asked to reschedule.
- Reception will go over a COVID-19 medical questionnaire to determine if you are eligible to be seen.
- If needed, you will be provided with any paperwork and consent forms to complete in your car. If you did not arrive by car, you may wait in one of the available chairs outside.
- Patients waiting in their cars will be called in and taken directly to the dental exam room.
- Social distancing markers will be installed in the lobby along with one-way arrows in applicable practices.
New patient paperwork will be emailed to patients to complete prior to the appointment or can be downloaded on our website. We ask that all paperwork be completed prior to your appointment day. This limits interaction and keeps the exchange of paperwork to a minimum.
2. During Your Procedure
- All dental care providers will wear a lab coat, face shield or protective eyewear, mask and gloves during your treatment.
- You will be asked to rinse your mouth with a 1% hydrogen peroxide solution before starting your procedure.
If the scheduled appointment is for your child, we kindly ask that you wait outside or in the waiting room while your child is being treated. This process helps to ensure the safety of our patients and staff. Our experienced clinicians will be with your child every step of the way and you will be contacted as soon as the procedure is complete.
3. Departing After Your Appointment
- Checking out at the front desk after your procedure will entail patient payments and scheduling your next appointment. To expedite your check-out, we may opt to email you your treatment plan instead of having you wait for it in our office.
- Once we check out a patient, we will call the next patient to safely come into the office and straight to their sterilized operatory.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our office We're happy to go over the process so you know exactly what to expect during your visit with us.
Welcome Back to Perfect Smiles Family Dentistry!
With your safety as our priority at this time, we thank you for being patient and understanding with these necessary changes to our practice. We look forward to partnering with you and your family on your dental health and hope to see you soon. To make an appointment, please contact our team or fill out our appointment request form today!
Perfect Smiles Family Dentistry